Travel Insurance Frequently asked Questions:
We've answered some common questions below... if you do not see your question please contact us on 01892 833338
- What kinds of policies are available?
- Our travel insurance policies range from Single trip cover for 1 to 94 days; Annual multi-trip cover for frequent travel with a choice of 31, 45 or 62 days per trip; Longstay cover for 4 to 18 months.
- We have several options available to make your travel policy more tailored to your requirements. You can extend it to cover winter sports and golf or upgrade to cover more adventurous activities.
- Are there any Age Limits?
- This varies between policies. Our Annual policy is limited to 74yrs, Single Trip is limited to 74yrs and Longstay to 69yrs. However, we do have other policies with no age limit - for details, view our information for older travellers
- Do I really need this type of Insurance?
- Yes, while Travel Insurance is not compulsory, it is an essential part of any holiday or business trip to ensure that you are not left to deal with any problems, and possible high costs, alone. Much of the attraction of a holiday is the different climate, cuisine and customs. But accessing essential services such as Healthcare can also be very different and this can come as a shock in an emergency, particularly if there are language barriers. If you are travelling within the EEA (European Economic Area), you can qualify for limited local healthcare by using a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). However, you should only use this, or any other reciprocal agreement, in conjunction with a good Travel Insurance policy to ensure that you have the benefit of comprehensive cover including repatriation in the event of serious illness or injury.
Existing Medical Conditions
- What is classed as an existing Medical Condition?
- If you have:
a. been referred to or seen a Specialist or Hospital for treatment, investigation or check-up in the last 12 months
b. ever suffered from, been investigated, treated for or diagnosed with:
any cancer or malignant condition
any lung related condition (other stable, well controlled Asthma requiring no more than 2 medications)
any circulatory condition (including Hypertension unless it is the only condition you have)
- Do I need to declare my existing Medical Condition?
- Existing conditions are excluded on the insurance unless declared to, and accepted by, us. So if you do not want the conditions to be insured, you can buy the insurance without declaration.
If you would like any conditions to be covered (which we would strongly recommend - seeking treatment overseas without comprehensive cover can be costly), then you do need to contact us. We can usually insure most stable and well controlled medical conditions; an additional charge may apply.
Please contact our sales office and we can quickly provide you with a premium based on the medical conditions that you require to be insured.
- I'm currently having tests but do not have a diagnosis yet. Is this classed as an existing medical condition?
- We cannot cover an undiagnosed condition, so if you have symptoms but no diagnosis, any claims relating to the tests and subsequent diagnosis would be excluded. It is important to check with your GP / Specialist to ensure that you will be fit to travel as otherwise you may not be able to purchase the insurance at all - if you are unsure, please contact our office.
- My treatment finishes soon, should I wait before I buy the insurance?
- No, just answer the questions as of today as it is your medical status as the time of purchase which is relevant.
- I've got a medical condition but the rest of the family does not. Should they go elsewhere?
- No, we recommend that all people on the same holiday be covered under the same travel insurance. Then if we are able to insure your condition then other family members will also be covered to cancel their holiday, if necessary, due to your condition. If they are insured elsewhere they might not be able to claim if a situation arises due to your medical condition.
- Will I need a medical certificate?
- We do not need medical certificates or other letters from your GP or Specialist for you to buy the insuraance. Provided you answer the questions accurately, the cover will be based on the information you provide. In the event of a claim your GP may be asked to verify the information provided and claims relating to an existing medical problem which you do not tell us about will not be insured.
- What is a policy Excess?
- Most insurance policies have an Excess, which is simply the portion that you as the customer are responsible for. On our Annual and Single Trip policies, we offer a waiver to delete this Excess, or if you prefer, you can elect to double the Excesses for a discount.
- If I buy on-line how do I receive my policy?
- When you have completed our easy on-line application your policy will be emailed to you immediately. If you also require posted copy just email us, quoting your policy number and we will send it to you at once.
- What happens if I change my mind after I've bought a Worldwide Travel Insurance policy?
- You can cancel your policy with a full refund within 14 days of purchase, as long as you haven't travelled or are going to make a claim.
Making a claim
- What do I do if I have a medical emergency whilst abroad?
- Contact the 24-hour medical emergency service as soon as possible. They will be able to assist you immediately in the event of an insured person's illness or injury arising outside the UK. Their telephone number is on your policy wordings. Please note when calling that they will require your policy number, so keep it handy at all times.
- How do I make a claim?
- You will need to call the claims office servicing the specific policy that you have purchased. Please refer to the policy wordings for the telephone number or contact us for this information.
- Who are we?
- Worldwide Travel Insurance Services Limited are a specialist company, with significant experience in dealing with a broad range of travel insurance needs including those with pre-existing medical conditions.
We have a number of blue chip organisations as clients and our specially trained call centre staff offer a sensitive and knowledgeable service.