Car Hire Insurance Frequently asked Questions:
We've answered some common questions below... if you do not see your question please contact our UK office on +44 (0)1892 833338
- What kinds of policies are available?
- We offer Excess Reimbursement Insurance (ERI) policies for Cars, Motorhomes.
- Are there any Age Limits?
- If you are aged between 21 and 84 and are named as a on the vehicle rental agreement, you can purchase cover provided you have an internationally recognised valid driving licence.
- Do I really need this type of Insurance?
- Yes, if you return the vehicle damaged, even if it was not your fault, you will be held liable for the excess charge set by the rental company. This insurance enables you to claim back the charges. There are other benefits too, depending on the type of cover you choose.
- What is a policy Excess?
- Most insurance policies have an Excess, which is simply the portion that you as the customer are responsible for. On our Annual and Single Trip policies, we offer a waiver to delete this Excess, or if you prefer, you can elect to double the Excesses for a discount.
- If I buy on-line how do I receive my policy?
- When you have completed our easy on-line application your policy will be emailed to you immediately. If you also require posted copy just email us, quoting your policy number and we will send it to you at once.
- What happens if I change my mind after I've bought a Worldwide Travel Insurance policy?
- You can cancel your policy with a full refund within 14 days of purchase, as long as you haven't travelled or are going to make a claim.
Making a claim
- What do I do if I have an accident?
- Follow the Rental Company's advice on how to deal with an accident or vehicle damage. They should provide assistance to help you to proceed correctly according to the situation and local laws. Upon returning the vehicle, you will then be charged for any damage incurred during the rental period - you must keep receipts and claim on your return home.
- How do I make a claim?
- You will need to call the claims office servicing the specific policy that you have purchased. Please refer to the policy wordings for the telephone number or contact us for this information.
- Who are we?
- Worldwide Travel Insurance Services Limited are a specialist company, with significant experience in dealing with a broad range of travel insurance needs including those with pre-existing medical conditions.
We have a number of blue chip organisations as clients and our specially trained call centre staff offer a sensitive and knowledgeable service.