Car Hire Insurance Frequently asked Questions:

We've answered some common questions below... if you do not see your question please contact our UK office on +44 (0)1892 833338

Our Products

What kinds of policies are available?
We offer Car Hire Excess Reimbursement Insurance (CER) policies for Cars, Motorhomes.
Are there any Age Limits?
If you are aged between 21 and 84 and are named as a on the vehicle rental agreement, you can purchase cover provided you have an internationally recognised valid driving licence.
Do I really need this type of Insurance?
Yes, if you return the vehicle damaged, even if it was not your fault, you will be held liable for the excess charge set by the rental company. This insurance enables you to claim back the charges. There are other benefits too, depending on the type of cover you choose.
Am I covered for claims relating to Coronavirus (Covid-19)?
There is no cover on this type of insurance relating to Coronavirus as the policy is for Vehicle Rental only. However, if you are unable to travel as planned due to Covid-19 and as a result will not be hiring a vehicle on the originally booked date, you can contact us to amend your existing policy.

Policy Excesses

What is a policy Excess?
Many insurance policies have an 'Excess', or 'Deductible', which is the portion that you as the customer are responsible for. Excesses do not apply to all sections of cover, so please read the information when you obtain an online quote.
If I buy on-line how do I receive my policy?
When you have completed our easy on-line application your policy will be emailed to you immediately. If you also require posted copy just email us, quoting your policy number and we will send it to you at once.
What happens if I change my mind after I've bought a Worldwide Travel Insurance policy?
You can cancel your policy with a full refund within 14 days of purchase, as long as the start date of your policy hasn't passed, you haven't collected the vehicle, and you are not going to make a claim.

Making a claim

What do I do if I have an accident?
Follow the Rental Company's advice on how to deal with an accident or vehicle damage. They should provide assistance to help you to proceed correctly according to the situation and local laws. Upon returning the vehicle, you will then be charged for any damage incurred during the rental period - you must keep receipts and claim on your return home.
How do I make a claim?
You will need to call the claims office servicing the specific policy that you have purchased. Please refer to the policy wording for the telephone number or contact us for this information.