Car Hire Excess Insurance
Renting a Car for your holiday gives you the flexibility to explore the area at your own pace. Short-term Car Rental can be useful close to home - either while your own vehicle is repaired, or for occasional use as part of a car share scheme.
Whatever your reasons for hiring a car - make sure you're not left with the bill if the vehicle is damaged or stolen whilst in your care. Cover the Rental Company's charges through Worldwide Travel Insurance!
get an instant Insurance Quote
Benefits of Car Hire Excess Insurance
- If your holiday rental car is damaged or stolen, you are usually liable to pay an Excess, or Collision Damage charge.
Even if the damage was not your fault, you will be charged.
- Why pay your Rental firm's costly Collision Damage Waiver?
Collision Damage Waiver is offered by most Car Rental companies, enabling you to remove or reduce the amount charged for damage to the car. However, as well as being costly, this add-on often does not cover all costs, particularly relating to tyres, windows and underbody.
Our car hire excess insurance acts in place of CDW, at a much lower price.
- With our insurance, you are covered for the charges applied in the event of theft or damage to any part of the vehicle
With the exception of Iceland and Jamaica, hires within your Home Country are covered under the 'Deluxe' option, even if hiring in your home town (many policies exclude hires within 150km of your home)
- The Lead Driver, plus any additional drivers named on the Rental agreement. Annual policies can cover up to 4 family members living at the address shown on the policy certificate, enabling any to be the Lead Driver on a rental; only one vehicle can be hired at a time.
- Drivers must be aged between 21 and 84yrs and named on the Rental Agreement.
- You are covered when driving on any Public Highway, i.e. any road made or unmade that is intended for use by the general public.
The only exception is when travelling to/from accommodation that is only accessible by unmade road and, in these circumstances, due care and attention must be exercised to minimise risk of any damage to the rental vehicle.
- Rental cars carrying up to 9 people.
- Can be used to cover a courtesy car provided under a loan agreement whilst your vehicle is being repaired
- Deluxe Annual covers vehicles used within a Car Club scheme
- Non-rental vehicles
- Vans, Trucks, non-passenger carrying vehicles
- Motorcycles, Mopeds, Motorbikes
- Off-road and recreational vehicles
- 'expensive' or 'exotic' vehicles with a retail price exceeding £50,000, or 'antique' vehicles which are over 20yrs old and have been out of manufacture for 10yrs or more
- Motorhomes, trailers or caravans - go to excess insurance for Campervans and Motorhomes
- Yes, if you return the vehicle damaged, even if it was not your fault, you will be held liable for the charge set by the rental company. This insurance enables you to claim back the charges including up to £50 for admin fees. There are also other benefits such as mis-fuelling cover.