Whether you are looking to spoil your mum, or you are a mum looking to get away from it all on a Mother’s Day break, here are three sensational destinations to choose from!
MILAN – for the mum who likes to shop
Synonymous with design and fashion, the Italian city of Milan is the place to go on a shopping spree! The top five spots to shop are:
- Via Montenapoleone – Luxury shopping from world-class designers including Gucci, Prada, and Valentino. It’s also where you’ll find the best of Italy’s leather goods!
- Corso Venezia – Exclusive, elegant, and surrounded by beautiful gardens, parks and palaces. This is the place to be seen if you are in to fashion.
- Corso di Porta Ticinese – Alternative brands, unique boutiques, and boasting a very cool hipster vibe. You’ll also find well-known brands like Vans, Levi and Diesel here.
- Corso Vittorio Emanuele II – High street fashion from the likes of Zara and Mango, plus it’s got one of the biggest department stores in the city, 8 floors of retail therapy heaven!
- Corso Buenos Aires – Europe’s longest shopping street with the highest concentration of clothing stores. A sure fire guarantee that you’ll shop till you drop.
BUDAPEST – for the mum who likes a pamper
The Hungarian capital is brimming with thermal baths, and spas, offering a wide range of pampering opportunities such as mud therapy, massage, facials, and salt cave experiences. Top places to go are:
- Rudas Thermal Baths and Swimming Pool – A glorious historical building where you can get the most authentic hammam experience. There are 6 baths, all of a different temperature, a steam chamber and a Finnish sauna. Divine!
- Lukács Bath – An enormous spa space with everything you could wish for under one roof. Outdoor hot pool with mini river, massage services, swimming, and Himalayan salt steam room – all supplied by what is touted to be the best quality thermal spring in the city.
- Széchenyi Baths – As the largest spa complex in Europe, you know that this place has everything you could possibly want, but one spa in particular comes to attention – the Beer Spa! Here you can soak in the mineral-rich thermal water but blended with natural extracts used to brew beer. While the spa lists many benefits to this spa, the fact it has beer on tap within reach of the tub is a winner.
ICELAND – for the mum who likes an adventure
There is just so much for an adrenaline junkie to do in Iceland! Here are some top activities and where you’ll find them:
- Ice Climbing – Sólheimajökull in South Iceland.
- Ice Caving – one of the most popular places to explore is on a glacier hike near Vatnajökull, the largest glacier in Europe.
- Skiing and Snowboarding – Head to Akureyri, Hlíðarfjall, these ski resorts are open for more days in the season.
- Dog Sledding – Locations vary, but most tour pickups are from Reykjavík.
- Trekking, Hiking and Mountain Biking – All over Iceland taking in beaches, hot springs, mountains and valleys.
- Snowmobiling – Tours are mostly at the top of glaciers, so expect awesome views too!
- Scuba Diving – Silfra Fissure, situated in Þingvellir National Park – one of the top 5 diving sites worldwide!
- White Water Rafting – Hvíta´ river, south Iceland, Jökulsá Austari in the North East, Vestari Jökulsá in the North West.
- Paragliding – Birds eye view of Reynisfjara black sand beach, Reynisdrangar basalt stacks, ocean waves, lava rock formations, waterfalls… you get the picture!
Don’t forget your travel insurance! We cover a huge range of activities and sports as standard, and even more can be added to your policy if you need!