Happy New Year! We are looking forward to a great year of adventures ahead – hopefully ticking off at least one bucket-list activity! We’ve all got one, full of daring adventures and unseen destinations – but do you have any idea how much it might actually cost to fulfill – or know what percentage of your wage you’d need to start saving?
Thankfully the geeks with all the gadgets at totallymoney.com have built a clever bucket-list calculator tool to work it out for us. Divided into adventure, sightseeing, aspirational, adrenaline and wildlife – you can personalize your own list and start saving.
Average cost of the top 10 bucket-list activities for UK traveller
- See the Northern Lights: £572
- Go on safari: £5,600
- Walk the Great Wall of China: £1,139
- Visit the Grand Canyon: £1,181
- Go on a cruise: £1,338
- See the Egyptian Pyramids: £1,112
- Go whale watching: £2,000
- Spend New Year’s Eve in New York: £1,103
- Gamble in Las Vegas: £1,109
- Take an American road trip: £3,365
Check out the full top 20 list, which is unsurprisingly dominated by travel-related activities, below. In fact, Buying Your Dream Home is the only one not related to travel, coming in at number 11.