What does Map My Ride do?
- GPS mapping
- Route navigation
- Elevation profile
- Distance and pace tracking
Other Map My Ride features:
- You can share your routes through social media
- It offers live tracking so family and friends can see where you are
- You can compete for time on known routes and try and top a leader board
- Heaps of stats and graphs that can be analysed any time
- Lots of fitness and nutrition info that can be added too
The app is a fun way to navigate without getting caught in the flaps and folds of an OS map, and with all the benefits of an online presence, you can brag about your journey, and keep loved ones informed of where you are!
Upgrading to the premium version also allows you to access Route Genius on the Map My Ride website, which gives you route recommendations for any distance, starting from your current location.
The website also allows you to search recommended cycle routes in popular cities from New York to Edinburgh, Honolulu to Christchurch, Dublin to Vancouver.
Now that sounds like a fun way to cycle round the world! How many miles do you want to do today?
Map My Ride App reviews
Map My Ride is available for Android and iPhone. Overall it scores highly on Google Play with 4.7 stars out of 5. On iTunes, users rate it as a 5 star app.
It appears that to get the most out of it you need to upgrade to MPV, any low ranking reviews have been gripes about the functions available on the free version.
Monthly MVP £3.99
Annual MVP £20.99
To find out more about Map My Ride, visit http://www.mapmyride.com or download for your device: