Travel Polls reveal informative insights into how we like to travel, what we think is important when we do and about the experiences we have on the journey. Here are a few insightful results that we have found – good enough to incorporate into your next pub quiz!
1. What is more important – your comfort or your length of stay?
Length of stay! Just 4% would choose a 5 star hotel and a short stay whilst 61.4% would choose a 2 star hotel to be able to stay longer. The rest of the voters said that you should compromise on both for a better break.
2. What are the top 3 countries on a travellers wish list?
- South America – 19.6%
- Southeast Asia – 18.7%
- Africa – 13.5%
3. Best Airline?
Singapore Airlines – 50%
4. Worst Airline for lost luggage?
Thankfully, the majority of voters in this poll (16.8%) said that their bags always show up in the right place at the right time. The top three for bad luggage handling however are as follows:
- British Airways – 9.94%
- Air France – 9.03%
- KLM – 8.11%
5. Laos or Cambodia -which would you choose?
Laos got 21.1% of the votes and Cambodia got 30.9%. The majority chose the option to do both if you can, but who wouldn’t if you could!
6. Where on Earth wouldn’t you go? The least appealing destinations for travellers.
- Somalia – 65.6% for being deemed ‘a hellhole’
- Bali – 13.89% for being too westernised
- Central Asia – 8.5% for being unwelcoming
7. Guilty Pleasures – what do you indulge in on holiday?
- Restaurants and Bars – 32.35%
- Reading trashy books – 17.65%
- Souvenirs and gifts – 11.76%
8. Where are the worst tour guides? Voters’ top 3…
- India – 42.8%
- Egypt – 25.2%
- Morocco – 11.9%
9. If you had a travel super power what would it be?
- Neck and neck with 28.57% – fitting everything into a small bag no matter how long the trip and being able to cheat the language barrier
- Never getting lost – 25.71%
10. Travel insurance… do you?
- Only for international flights (tut tut) – 52%
- Always (good-o!) – 31%
- Never (not good at all) – 17%