Backpackers Insurance for Gap Year Students

With studies coming to a close in just a couple of months, there are heaps of students looking forward to a break abroad – either a long summer of fun, or an extended adventure on a gap year.

If planning to travel for more than 2 months, you will need long stay travel insurance – also known as backpackers insurance. This type of policy allows you travel between countries, work abroad on a casual contract or a longer work placement, and it can be extended as often as you need during your trip so that there is no need to cut your travels short just to renew your insurance!

Other perks include optional extreme and wintersports cover so that you can try your hand at anything from heliskiing to diving, and everything in between. Our policy also includes a multi-lingual emergency assistance helpline, offering peace of mind when you are many miles away from home.

And because we know that you don’t need to be a spring chicken to be a student, or go on a big travel adventure, our backpackers travel insurance is available for travellers up to 69 years old.

For more information about what our policy covers, please visit our longstay travel insurance page, where you can get an instant online quote and buy your policy online or over the phone.

This entry was posted in Longstay Travel Insurance, Travel Insurance. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *