for travel to Red regions
From 4am Monday 4 October 2021, the rules for international travel to England will change from the red, amber, green traffic light system to a single red list of countries and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world. The rules for travel from countries and territories not on the red list will depend on your vaccination status.
The UK Government applies regulations when travelling to, and returning from, countries outside of the UK. To check the regulations applying to a country you are visiting, visit the Government information pages:
- guidance for entering England from overseas
- guidance for entering Scotland from overseas
- guidance for entering Wales from overseas
- guidance for entering Northern Ireland from overseas
IMPORTANT: Most Travel Insurance policies will only be valid if you are NOT travelling against the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice. You must check advice for any country you plan to visit before proceeding to purchase insurance.
A Country may not be on the Red travel list, but there may still be FCDO advice against travel there, so it is essential that you keep up-to-date with any changing advice. For the latest FCDO advice: Travel Advice by Country
If you are visiting any country which the FCDO is advising against visiting due to Covid-19, you will need to purchase this policy using the link below.
We can offer policies for travel outside of your Home Country, including to areas that may be subject to travel restrictions or advice, provided that these only relate to Covid-19. You should check your Goverment's travel advice before proceeding.
Get an instant Insurance Quote
- You are a UK resident travelling within the next 30 days to an area that is on the UK Government's Red list, or is an Amber-listed country that is still subject to restrictions
- You are a non-UK resident travelling outside of your Home Country
- You are following regulations, both at home and at your destination, regarding Covid-19 testing and quarantine
- You accept that there is no cover for claims relating to Covid-19 on this policy
This product is quoted and sold on an external website. Any discount code or special offers will not apply.