call us: UK(+44) 01892 833338

Car Hire Excess Insurance

Renting a Car for your holiday gives you the flexibility to explore the area at your own pace. Short-term Car Rental can be useful close to home - either while your own vehicle is repaired, or for occasional use as part of a car share scheme.

Whatever your reasons for hiring a car - make sure you're not left with the bill if the vehicle is damaged or stolen whilst in your care. Cover the Rental Company's charges through Worldwide Travel Insurance!

get an instant Insurance Quote

Where do you currently live?

Your Home Country is where you are currently living at a residential address for no less than 6 months of the year.

Benefits of Car Hire Excess Insurance

If your holiday rental car is damaged or stolen, you are usually liable to pay an Excess, or Collision Damage charge.
Even if the damage was not your fault, you will be charged.
Why pay your Rental firm's costly Collision Damage Waiver?
Collision Damage Waiver is offered by most Car Rental companies, enabling you to remove or reduce the amount charged for damage to the car. However, as well as being costly, this add-on often does not cover all costs, particularly relating to tyres, windows and underbody.
Our car hire excess insurance acts in place of CDW, at a much lower price.
With our insurance, you are covered for the charges applied in the event of theft or damage to any part of the vehicle

Any Questions?

  2. Yes.
    With the exception of Iceland and Jamaica, hires within your Home Country are covered under the 'Deluxe' option, even if hiring in your home town (many policies exclude hires within 150km of your home)
  3. The Lead named Driver, plus any other drivers named on the Rental agreement, if aged 21 to 84yrs. Up to 4 drivers can be named on the policy and cover will only be valid for hires where one of those policyholders is the Lead Driver on the Rental Agreement. In the case of Annual policies, all policyholders must live at the address shown on the policy certificate.
  4. You are covered when driving on any Public Highway, i.e. any road made or unmade that is intended for use by the general public.
    The only exception is when travelling to/from accommodation that is only accessible by unmade road and, in these circumstances, due care and attention must be exercised to minimise risk of any damage to the rental vehicle.
  5. - Rental cars carrying up to 9 people.
    - Can be used to cover a courtesy car provided under a loan agreement whilst your vehicle is being repaired
    - Deluxe Annual covers vehicles used within a Car Club scheme
  6. - Non-rental vehicles
    - Vans, Trucks, non-passenger carrying vehicles
    - Motorcycles, Mopeds, Motorbikes
    - Off-road and recreational vehicles
    - 'expensive' or 'exotic' vehicles with a retail price exceeding £50,000, or 'antique' vehicles which are over 20yrs old and have been out of manufacture for 10yrs or more
    - Motorhomes, trailers or caravans - go to excess insurance for Campervans and Motorhomes

Watch our TV ad now! Car Hire Excess Insurance