call us: UK(+44) 01892 833338

Car Breakdown Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:

Below are questions we are often asked... if you do not see your question please contact us.

Our Products

What kinds of policies are available?
We offer Breakdown Insurance for driving in Continental Europe, with options to cover one trip or to take out Annual Multi-trip cover if you travel frequently.
Who can buy European Breakdown cover?
This policy is available for UK residents only.
Can I purchase cover for a one-way trip to my second home?
No - this insurance can only cover round trips from and back to your home in the UK.
How do I get a quote?
By completing our on-line application or contacting our UK sales office on 01892 833338.
If I buy on-line how do I receive my policy?
When you have completed our easy on-line application your policy will be emailed to you immediately. If you also require posted copy just email us, quoting your policy number and we will send it to you at once.
What happens if I change my mind after I've bought a Car Breakdown policy through Worldwide Travel Insurance?
You can cancel your policy with a full refund within 14 days of purchase, as long as you haven't travelled/passed the booked rental date or are going to make a claim.

Making a claim

What do I do if I have an emergency whilst abroad?
Contact the emergency breakdown service. They will be able to assist you in obtaining help from a local garage. Their telephone number is on your policy wordings. Please note when calling that they will require your policy number, so keep it handy at all times.
How do I make a claim?
You will need to call the claims office servicing the specific policy that you have purchased. Please refer to the policy wordings for the telephone number or contact us for this information.

About us

Who are we?
Worldwide Travel Insurance Services Limited are a specialist company, with significant experience in dealing with a broad range of travel, car breakdown and car rental insurance needs.
We have a number of blue chip organisations as clients and our specially trained call centre staff offer a sensitive and knowledgeable service.
Who are the insurers?
Our Car Breakdown Insurance policy is underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited. Registered Office: Ageas House, Tollgate, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA.