Travel Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are questions we are often asked... if you do not see your question please contact us on 01892 833338
- What kinds of policies are available?
- Our travel insurance policies range from Single trip cover for 1 to 94 days; Annual multi-trip cover for frequent travel with a choice of 31, 45 or 62 days per trip; Longstay cover for 2 to 18 months.
- What options do you offer?
- We have several options available to make your travel policy more tailored to your requirements. You can extend it to cover winter sports and golf or delete cover such as baggage and cancellation cover.
- Are there any age limits?
- This varies from policy to policy. Our Annual policy is limited to 74yrs, Single Trip is limited to 74yrs and Longstay to 69yrs. However, we do have other policies with no age limit - for information, Click here!
- Do I really need insurance in European Community Countries?
- Yes. Although UK residents travelling to EEA countries need a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in order to receive necessary healthcare, this card will not provide the same level of comprehensive cover that travel insurance does. By using the EHIC in conjunction with our travel insurance policy any medical excess is wavered.
- How do I get a quote?
- By completing our on-line application or contacting our sales office on 01892 833338.
- If I buy on-line how do I receive my policy?
- When you have completed our easy on-line application your policy will be emailed to you immediately. If you also require posted copy just email us, quoting your policy number and we will send it to you at once.
- What is a policy excess?
- Most insurance policies have an Excess, which is simply the portion that you as the customer are responsible for. On our Annual and Single Trip policies, we offer a waiver to delete this Excess on the 'Super' option and the 'Elite' option has no excesses at all.
- What happens if I change my mind after I've bought a Worldwide Travel Insurance policy?
- You can cancel your policy with a full refund within 14 days of purchase, as long as you haven't travelled or are going to make a claim.
- Do I need to declare my pre-existing medical condition?
- Only if you would like it to be insured. We need to know about any condition which has required any form of treatment (including ongoing medication) within the 24 months prior to applying for insurance. In addition, if you have ever had cancer, a lung or heart condition or a circulatory condition, these should also be declared. We can usually insure most stable and well controlled pre-existing medical conditions; an additional charge may apply. We cannot provide such cover on-line, so please contact our sales office and we can quickly provide you with a premium based on the medical conditions that you require to be insured.
- Why would my pre-existing condition need cover?
- When travelling abroad medical treatment can be very expensive. Should you require assistance without comprehensive cover it could be a very costly experience.
- I'm not sure what's wrong, I am having tests, is this a pre-existing medical condition?
- We cannot assess a condition that has not been fully diagnosed, so any claims relating to the tests and subsequent diagnosis would be excluded.
- My treatment finishes soon, should I wait?
- No, just answer the questions as of today as it is your medical status as the time of purchase which is relevant.
- I've got a medical condition but the rest of the family does not. Should they go elsewhere?
- No, we recommend that all people on the same holiday be covered under the same travel insurance. Then if we are able to insure your condition then other family members will also be covered to cancel their holiday, if necessary, due to your condition. If they are insured elsewhere they might not be able to claim if a situation arises due to your medical condition.
- Will I need a medical certificate?
- We very rarely ask for one. We rely on you answering the medical questions accurately. We do not cover claims for any existing medical problem which you have not told us about.
Making a claim
- What do I do if I have a medical emergency whilst abroad?
- Contact the 24 hour medical emergency service. They will be able to assist you immediately in the event of an insured person's illness or injury arising outside the UK. Their telephone number is on your policy wordings. Please note when calling that they will require your policy number, so keep it handy at all times.
- How do I make a claim?
- You will need to call the claims office servicing the specific policy that you have purchased. Please refer to the policy wordings for the telephone number or contact us for this information.
- Who are we?
- Worldwide Travel Insurance Services Limited are a specialist company, with significant experience in dealing with a broad range of travel insurance needs including those with pre-existing medical conditions.
We have a number of blue chip organisations as clients and our specially trained call centre staff offer a sensitive and knowledgeable service.
- Who are the insurers?
- Our Annual Multi-Trip, Single Trip (including Wintersports cover) and Longstay policies are underwritten by ACE European Group Ltd, ACE Building, 100 Leandenhall Street, LONDON EC3A 3BP.